Six ways to ground yourself and feel better fast with:
No location limitations
No time limitations
It doesn’t seem possible does it? Can we, human beings, be powerful enough to change our depressed feelings instantly? Can the solution be cost free, drug free, not need assistance, done anywhere, done at any time and still be 100% effective. The answer is "Yes!" I’m hoping this is really good news for you. You can increase the joy quotient in your life, you can have more fun, you can be more focused, you can accomplish more, and you can make a bigger difference in the world more with these simple "exercises". The only requirements are 2-3 minutes of your time and your focused attention. Are you ready to find out which ones work best for you?
I have included these six very simple, very effective practices for you to
use anytime your sense of wellbeing is less than optimum. Since knowledge is of little value unless it is put into practice, I encourage you to do each
"exercise" as you read it. You will then determine which are more effective for
you. Create a reminder note, card, string around your finger, or rubber band on your wrist that will remind you to repeat your favorite "exercises" when you’re feeling blue. It’s time to experience just how powerful you really are. You have the power to change your feelings and hence change your life.
Now to the "exercises". (These are probably the easiest exercises you will
ever do.) Remember to breathe deeply during the exercise for the act of
lengthening and deepening your breathe is also grounding. After completing the exercise giving thanks is appropriate.
1. Swirling Cone -- Stop what you are doing. Close your eyes and take a deep
breath. Picture a vortex or cone of swirling energy above the crown of your
head. The peak of the cone is pointing to the top of your head. Once you have
visualized this, take your hands and reshape the cone from a very wide cone
shape to a cone that is narrower in diameter. Do this as if you were molding a
clay cone on a potter’s wheel. Feel your body relax, your feet on the ground and your mind clear.
2. Reaching for the heavens – Stop what you are doing and take a deep breath. With your eyes open lift your head, your eyes and your arms to the heavens. You will immediately feel more positive. Feel your body relax, your feet firmly on the earth, your mind clear and your joy.
3. Eyes up – If you find yourself in social situations that do not allow you
to Reach For The Heavens, you can do the following. Stop what you are doing and take a deep breath. With your eyes open and your head looking at an object directly in front of you, move your eyes to a point on the ceiling. Continue to look at that point until you feel your body relax, your feet firmly on the ground, your mind clear and your mood improved.
4. Move the Body – Stop what you are doing and take a deep breath. Determine a motion you can do with any part of your body. For example, gently move your head from side to side, walk while focusing on the movements of your legs, raise your knees up and then return them to the floor, raise and lower your shoulders, rotate your hands at the wrist, stretch your fingers, slowly bend forward etc. Have the movement be gentle and slow. Give your full attention to the motion you are creating. Continue until you feel your body relax, your feet firmly on the ground, your mind clear and your mood improved
5. Focused Breathing – Stop what you are doing and get as comfortable as you can. Place your focus on your breathing watching the in breath and out breath. Slow and deepen your breathing as you continue to focus on it. When your mind wanders, bring your attention back to your breathing. Continue until you feel your body relax, your feet firmly on the ground, your mind clear and your mood improved.
6. Gold and Silver Cords—Stop what you are doing. Visualize a gold cord from your tail bone going to the center of the earth and returning back to your tail bone. Then visualize a silver cord from the top of your head extending to
infinity and returning to the top of your head. Your body will relax, you will
feel ground and at peace.
If you have not tried each of these practices, STOP reading and go back and
do them. Having knowledge is not enough. The knowledge is helpful only when it is implemented. You want to feel better, right?
Congratulations! Your commitment to feeling better has brought you another
tool in your tool kit. Reach your arm around and pat yourself on the back.
If you are interested as to why these work read on. If not, many blessing and
have a great day!
Our bodies are not only flesh and blood. Along with our circulatory,
skeletal, lymph etc systems, we humans also have energy systems. The energy systems are composed of pathways that run through the body allowing the energy to flow. When energy is flowing through these systems or meridians freely, we feel good, grounded, focused, and joyful. When there are blocks in these meridians, the opposite is true. These energy blocks over time lead to dis-ease or unpleasant physical manifestations in the body. Meridians are used in acupuncture or acupressure.
To remain healthy we must care for our energetic body as well as our physical
bodies. The practices above move our energy systems to a healthier state. As we move our focus from the external to the internal, we have the power to change how we feel . Once focused internally, we implement the activity which balances our energetic body. Our internal focus grounds us to the earth and our life force energy is now moving freely through our energy systems.
You may wonder why I include giving thanks in these practices. This is
another act of focusing that tells the universe and your body that you like this
grounded feeling and would like more of it. It is setting an intention of a new
way of living—that of joy.
The author of this article, Theresa Duffy, is an intuitive energy healer,
ThetaHealer®, licensed massage therapist and owner of Pure+Joy Wellness Center.
Able to do physical healing over the phone or Skype, she combines both physical
and emotional healing modalities to provide her clients with a total healing
experience. Theresa’s energy healing path began as the Reiki energy came to her
in 1998. Over the last ten years she has added ThetaHealing®, Emotional Freedom Technique, Hemispheric Kinesiology, Massage, and Movement Therapy as well as other intuitive practices that are powerful healing tools. Her focus on her personal spiritual life has been an on-going process for 20 years and continues daily. As she becomes a clearer conduit of universal energy, her healing abilities increase exponentially and she describes the healing she facilitates as "jaw dropping amazing". She will quickly explain that it is the Creator that does the work. Theresa’s mission and that of Pure+Joy Wellness Center is one of pain-free and joyous living.
For more information, free discovery sessions, phone, Skype or face to face
Call Cell 850-264=7495 or visit her website www.pure+joywellnesscenter.com